COMPUTER BASED TRAINING
Every organization relies on its employees to understand the organization’s core operations, and their roles and responsibilities within the operations. Infact,an organization has many internal and external stakeholders to whom they impart specialized knowledge through formal and informal training. Much of that training is inconsistent and undocumented.Whether it’s process knowledge, explanation of operational and maintenance procedures, software training or even organization’s policies & procedures;Computer Based Training (CBT) is the most effective and cost-efficient method to impart knowledge. If an organization is developing complex products and spending considerably at giving training support to its clients; Computer Based Training is an ideal support to impart knowledge. A company can develop Interactive Manuals and other training programs based on videos and 3D graphics to minimize the need for support personnel and logistics requirements.We have the expertise to transform your trainings; it could be for an equipment, a process, a software, or even to impart theoretical knowledge. With one time input of experts, a training module can be developed that is available for trainees at their convenient time and location. Kinetech Solutions offers a number of training solutions to supplement and solve your specific training requirements.
INDUSTRIES USING CBTs
Kinetech offers the following training services:
- (CBT) Computer Based Training
- (WBT) Web Based Training
- Custom 3D Animations
- Quizzes and testing modules
- Interactive Manuals / Presentations
- Aviation industry
- Engineering industry
- Healthcare industry
- Energy industry
- Mining and metallurgic industry
FEATURES AND ADVANTAGES
CBT offers following distinct features and advantages:
- ENHANCES UNDERSTANDING: Integration of Text, Graphics, Video, and Sound. If the training is particularly content dense (many new concepts presented close together) or uses a hierarchy of skill acquisition (where current concept mastery is dependent on mastery of earlier concepts), CBT’s integration of text, graphics, video, and sound facilitates the learning process.
- INCREASES RETENTION:CBT’s rich, multi-sensory delivery system can facilitate greater retention of new knowledge. On average, people remember:10% of what they read,20% of what they hear,30% of what they see, and50% of what they hear and see
- LESS TIME THAN CLASSROOM TRAINING: Some studies have shown it to reduce training time per student by about 50 percent. Most CBT programs enable the training to be customized to meet a particular student’s, organization’s or program’s needs. So instead of sitting in a training session where little of the information is relevant to any individual, employees can focus on what’s most important to their specific jobs. Less time spent in training means more time applying new skills on the job and less cost for non-operational activities.
- INCREASES PRODUCTIVITY: Classroom training generally requires a trainer, a room, materials and enough students to make the training worth the time and effort. With CBT, each student can access training exactly when it’s needed at a time and location convenient for that particular student. What is more the training can be accomplished away from the working position. This means that you don’t need to take equipment out of operational use.
- REDUCES COSTS: Compared to the cost of attending a course or holding an onsite training session; bringing in external trainers/experts, availability of equipment, traveling of employees and arranging a venue etc. is an expensive proposition. CBT/WBT provides a per-user or per-session cost that can cut training budgets dramatically by enabling remote instructorless learning.
- IMMEDIATE FEEDBACK: The immediate feedback most computer-based training provides on trainee progress allows both instructors and trainees to monitor progress and adjust instruction accordingly. This feature is important for all skills, because it ensures that students are actually learning what they need to know.
- TESTING SERVICE: CBT can provide a fully interactive experience where students can not only learn but also test their new-found knowledge. They can also practice their new skills and experiment with what they have learned in a safe and personally comfortable environment. Some training programs even offer adaptive learning features that allow them to change the difficulty level of interactive elements to suit the skills of the students. This is particularly useful for ongoing skills training. Moreover placement via on-line testing that matches a trainee with needed training can also be built into a CBT system. By using this feature, you avoid any unnecessary training for an individual. The CBT can accommodate each individual’s needs by “branching” to the level of training that is appropriate for that individual.
- SELF PACED: Another reason for CBT’s popularity is that people learn at different speeds. This can make it difficult for a trainer to cover all of the material in sufficient depth for everyone in the room yet still adhere to a timetable/lesson plan.